Open Daily | Entry Restricted on Certain Days / Timings
5000-10000 on weekdays,
10000-20000 on weekends.
Drop off and Pick Up zones.
How to Reach
IGI Airport, Palam
New Delhi Railway Station
From ISBT, Kashemere Gate
From ISBT, Anand Vihar
Directorate of National War Memorial & Museum
HQ Integrated Defence Staff
'C' Hexagon, India Gate
New Delhi – 110001
Guidelines for the Visitors
- This is a solemn place; please display dignied and respectful conduct.
- Walk on the designated pathways only.
- Keep mobile phones on 'Silent' mode.
- A flower may be placed at the base of Tyag Chakra walls.
- Pay appropriate respect at Amar Chakra. While entering Param Yodha Sthal.
- People in uniform to salute.
- Take care of accompanying children.
- Do not make noise or talk loudly.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol / intoxicants are strictly prohibited.
- Kindly do not touch the Murals, Busts and Honour Walls.
- Lighting candles / diyas (lamps) are not permitted.
- Do not carry eatables, bags or suitcases.
- Do not use tripods/ professional photograph stands.
- Demonstration and sticking of posters or graffiti is prohibited.
- The premises are under CCTV surveillance. Please comply with Do's and Don'ts strictly.
- Entry to the Memorial may be temporarily restricted in case number of visitors exceeds capacity or to cater for certain ceremonial functions.
- Visit the Souvenir Outlet for memorabilia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Week days from 9 am to 5 pm.
In the evenings to enjoy the lighting scheme and watch Retreat drill.
Approximately 45 minutes to one hour.
No, there are none. No hawking is permitted at National War Memorial and around it.
There is no need for guided tours, signages and descriptions on the murals are self-explanatory.
Use National War Memorial Website or National War Memorial app to search name. Few key details can be fed such as name of the individual or unit for a quick search.
Yes, please inform Help Desk or send a mail to the given mail id.
Marked paths for the visually impaired, ramps, railings and public conveniences.
Contact Help Desk at +91 9319911998 or request National War Memorial Help Desk personnel on duty at Public Plazas.
Yes, no parking is permitted at the radial roads or in the vicinity of National War Memorial. Visitors can get dropped and picked up at assigned Drop Off/ Pick Up zones on each of the radial road leading to National War Memorial entrance. School buses carrying children can however, be parked at Shahzahan Radial Road based on parking slots availability.
NDMC provisioned Digital Interactive Panels installed at Param Yodha Sthal and Children Park Plaza cater for the facility.
No, laying wreath by visitors is not being permitted.
No, only placing of a flower as a mark of respect at the base of Tyag Chakra walls is permitted.
Yes, National War Memorial is open on all days. Entry may have to be restricted on certain days for stipulated time owing certain ceremonial functions.
No, there are no such restrictions. However, it is advised that the children below twelve years are accompanied by guardians.
Mobile phone Silent mode™ can be carried.
Yes, pictures can be clicked without causing disturbance to others.
No, not permitted.